Lesson objective: to better understand the organization, materials, and purposes of
Total estimated time: 60 minutes
Assignment under way: constructing a bibliography
Work completed before class: a preliminary library visit with a librarian
YOUR MISSION (you have no choice but to accept it):
- 1) Divide into groups of four. You may give yourselves and your team noms de guerre if you wish.
- 2) Find and/or retrieve all the items on this list.
- 3) When your mission is complete, report back to the area I designated as home base.
YOUR MISSION LIST
- 1) The call number of a book about rattlesnakes.
- 2) the URL through which you can “Ask a Librarian” your questions about Queens College’s library.
- 3) two of the many library subject headings under which you would find information about the city of Rome.
- 4) the name of one of the librarians who works at Queens
- 5) the name of an article about Québecois sovereignty that you accessed through JSTOR.
BONUS: check out a book that will help you with your bibliography assignment.
Download: The Great Library Scavenger Hunt (pdf)