Pre-Draft #3 (Paragraph Structure, 30 min)
- In class, discuss eight-sentence body paragraph template (topic sentence, stitching to first citation, first citation, analysis, stitching to second citation, second citation, analysis, conclusion)
- Break into groups (loosely based on responses from PD1/Step 3).
- Identify 2-3 key terms/ideas from readings that seem most relevant to responding to the question.
- Identify passages from readings in which sources discuss these key terms/ideas.
- Compare/contrast different uses they make of them.
- Discuss how you would respond to these sources to make your own claims regarding these particular key terms/ideas and articulate a clear position on each.
- Discuss results as a class.
- Model placing discussion results into template.