Below you’ll find two course overviews, two sample syllabi, suggested readings, and assignments and activities that will help students build skills for their essay drafts. The course overviews are meant to give instructors an organizational sense of the class. The descriptions of the courses, for example, are much longer than you would typically include on a syllabus, and you’ll find notes intended for instructors about how assignments build on each other and teach particular writing skills. The sample syllabi below should give you a sense of how to teach this topic.
*This course was created in 2009.
- College Writing: Comedy and Satire (Overview 1) (doc)
- College Writing: History and Satire (Overview 2) (doc)
- Comedy_Satire Syllabus 1 (doc)
- Comedy_Satire Syllabus 2 (doc)
- Pre-draft assignment 1 (doc)
- Pre-draft Assignment 2 (doc)
- Pre-draft assignment 3 (doc)