Below you’ll find two course overviews, two sample syllabi, suggested readings, and assignments and activities that will help students build skills for their essay drafts. The course overviews are meant to give instructors an organizational sense of the class. The descriptions of the courses, for example, are much longer than you would typically include on a syllabus, and you’ll find notes intended for instructors about how assignments build on each other and teach particular writing skills. The sample syllabi below should give you a sense of how to teach this topic.
*This course was created in 2009.
- Ethnography Course Overview 1 (doc)
- Ethnography Course Overview 2 (doc)
- Ethnography Course 1 Syllabus (doc)
- Ethnography Course 2 Syllabus (doc)
Pre-Draft Activities and Assignments:
Review Forms for Human Subjects
- Subject Participant Release Form Template (A template to work from. A copy should be given to the subject(s) to keep, as well as one for the instructor.)
- E-mail Etiquette Assignment One Lesson Plan (doc)
- PIE Assignment Lesson Plan (doc)
- Proofreading Assignment Lesson Plan (doc)
Additional Writing Teaching Materials